Caledonia County, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Caledonia County, Vermont ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Caledonia County, Vermont|
Location in the state of Vermont
|Founded||November 5, 1792|
|County Seat||Saint Johnsbury|
|Address|| Caledonia County Courthouse|
Mailing: P.O. Box 4129
Saint Johnsbury , VT 05819
27 Main Street, St. Johnsbury, VT
Caledonia County Website
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death, burial and land records; County Clerk has divorce and court records from from 1797; Probate Judge has probate records.
Towns Organized Before 1800:
St. Johnsbury 1785,
For animated maps illustrating Vermont County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Vermont County Boundary Maps" (1764-1895) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
Places / Localities
Archives and Libraries
Emigration and Immigration
- Jeffrey, William H. Successful Vermonters; a modern gazetteer of Caledonia, Essex, and Orleans Counties. East Burke, Vermont, The Historical Publishing Company, 1904. Online.
- Child, Hamilton Gazetteer of Caledonia and Essex Counties, Vt. 1764-1887. Caledonia County, Vermont, Syracuse Journal Company, Printers and Binders, 1887. Online.
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Regiments and Companies:
- - 4th Regiment, Vermont Infantry, Companies G and H
The Caledonian : (St. Johnsbury, Vermont) 1837-1867, A.G. Chadwick. Dates of publication:1837-1867. Published weekly.
St. Johnsbury Caledonian. (St. Johnsbury, Vermont) 1867-1919. C.M. Stone & Co. Dates of publication:1867-1919. Published weekly.
See also How to order Vermont Vital Records, order electronically online or download an application for Vermont <a title="Vermont Birth Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/birth_form.aspx" target="_blank">Birth Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Marriage Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/marriage_form.aspx" target="_blank">Marriage Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Divorce Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/divorce_form.aspx" target="_blank">Divorce Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Death Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/deathcert_form.aspx" target="_blank">Death Certificate</a> Applications to mail.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
|Centers provide: • Personal one-on-one assistance • Access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program • Free how-to classes (varies by location). See Family History Centers for more information.|
- Caledonia County, VT History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Vermont Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Vermont Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- The Caledonia County VTGenWeb Project, part of The VTGenWeb Project
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Caledonia County, Vermont, 698. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 394. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- This page was last modified on 19 January 2015, at 19:40.
- This page has been accessed 10,219 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More