Caledonia County, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Caledonia County Vermont genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Caledonia County, New Hampshire|
Location in the state of New Hampshire
|Founded||November 5, 1792|
|County Seat||Saint Johnsbury|
|Address|| Caledonia County Courthouse|
Mailing: P.O. Box 4129
Saint Johnsbury , VT 05819
27 Main Street, St. Johnsbury, VT
Caledonia County Website
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death, burial and land records; County Clerk has divorce and court records from from 1797; Probate Judge has probate records.
Towns Organized Before 1800:
St. Johnsbury 1785,
For animated maps illustrating Vermont County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Vermont County Boundary Maps" (1764-1895) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
Places / Localities
Archives and Libraries
Emigration and Immigration
- Jeffrey, William H. Successful Vermonters; a modern gazetteer of Caledonia, Essex, and Orleans Counties. East Burke, Vermont, The Historical Publishing Company, 1904. Online.
- Child, Hamilton Gazetteer of Caledonia and Essex Counties, Vt. 1764-1887. Caledonia County, Vermont, Syracuse Journal Company, Printers and Binders, 1887. Online.
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Regiments and Companies:
- - 4th Regiment, Vermont Infantry, Companies G and H
The Caledonian : (St. Johnsbury, Vermont) 1837-1867, A.G. Chadwick. Dates of publication:1837-1867. Published weekly.
St. Johnsbury Caledonian. (St. Johnsbury, Vermont) 1867-1919. C.M. Stone & Co. Dates of publication:1867-1919. Published weekly.
See also How to order Vermont Vital Records, order electronically online or download an application for Vermont <a title="Vermont Birth Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/birth_form.aspx" target="_blank">Birth Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Marriage Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/marriage_form.aspx" target="_blank">Marriage Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Divorce Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/divorce_form.aspx" target="_blank">Divorce Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Death Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/deathcert_form.aspx" target="_blank">Death Certificate</a> Applications to mail.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
|Centers provide: • Personal one-on-one assistance • Access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program • Free how-to classes (varies by location). See Family History Centers for more information.|
- Caledonia County, VT History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Vermont Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Vermont Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- The Caledonia County VTGenWeb Project, part of The VTGenWeb Project
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Caledonia County, Vermont, 698. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 394. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- This page was last modified on 8 October 2014, at 17:23.
- This page has been accessed 9,606 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki