California (disambiguation)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This disambiguation page lists articles about places with the same name.|
California may refer to:
California, a western state of the United States. It may also refer to:
- United States
- California City, Kern, California
- California Township, Starke, Indiana
- California, Campbell, Kentucky
- California, Louisville, a neighborhood in Louisville, Jefferson, Kentucky
- California, Aroostook, Maine
- California, St. Mary's, Maryland
- California, Branch, Michigan
- California, Moniteau, Missouri
- California, Dare, North Carolina
- California, Hamilton, Ohio
- California, Bucks, Pennsylvania
- California, Washington, Pennsylvania
- California, New Brunswick
- Lower California (New Brunswick)
- California, Lanark County, Ontario
- California, Leeds and Grenville County, Ontario
- New California, Ontario
- Baja California, one of the 31 states of Mexico. Formerly known as North Territory of Baja California.
- Baja California Sur, one of the 31 states of Mexico. Formerly known as South Territory of Baja California.
- Baja California Peninsula, or Lower California peninsula, a peninsula of North America in the west of Mexico.
- Gulf of California, the body of water between Baja California Peninsula and the rest of Mexico, also called Sea of Cortez.
- Baja California, Chiapas, Mexico
- Central America
- California, Usulután, El Salvador
- California, Trinidad, a settlement in central Trinidad and Tobago
- São Francisco da California, Ceará, Brazil
- Califórnia, a municipality in Paraná, Brazil
- California, Santander, a municipality in the Santander Department, Colombia
- California, Lecco, Lombardy
- Campofiorenzo-California, Lecco, Lombardy
- California, Castelfranco Emilia, Emilia Romagna, Modena
- La California, a village in the municipality of Bibbona in Tuscany, province of Livorno
- California, Lesmo, Milan
- Nouva California, Ardea, Rome
- California, Gosaldo, locality in the province of Belluno
- The Netherlands:
- Californië (Gelderland), a tiny settlement
- Californië (Limburg), a tiny settlement
- United Kingdom:
- California, Auckland, New Zealand
- California Republic, a short-lived independent state founded by American rebels against Mexico in 1846
- Alta California, the northern part of the California region of New Spain and Mexico, formed as a separate territory in 1804 and acquired by the United States in 1848.
- Baja California (territory), the southern part of the California region of New Spain and Mexico, formed as a separate territory in 1804. In 1930 the territory was separated into North and South territories.
- Las Californias, the wider region along the west coast of North America during Spanish and Mexican rule.
- Island of California, an early geographical misconception that the Baja California Peninsula was an island.
- This page was last modified on 31 January 2015, at 00:27.
- This page has been accessed 1,309 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More