California DirectoriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Directories of heads of households were published for major cities of California.
Resources for Directories
Libraries and Archives
- The Los Angeles Public Library has the following with a few small gaps in the years available. The 1872 directory is a combination city-county one.
|1872-1942||Los Angeles Public Library microfilm|
|1873-1942||Los Angeles Public Library books|
Los Angeles Public Library digital images www.lapl.org/resources/en/
- CSGA Research Guide - Directories Includes links to articles on using directories in your research as well as links to California directory bibliographies and online databases.
- Fold3.com ($) has Los Angeles Directories 1873, 1875, 1878-1924 (5 yrs. missing) and San Francisco Directories 1861-1923 (4 yrs. missing) available online. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
- Ancestry.com ($) has California directories available online in its U.S. City Directories collection.
The Family History Library
See specific counties for listings of directories for that county. The Family History Library, for example, has:
|1873-1935||Family History Library films 1376980|
|1910, 1942, etc.||Family History Library book 979.493 E4LL|
|1850-1861||Family History Library fiche 6044468-83|
|1861/62-1934||Family History Library films 1377422|
|1910, 1936, etc.|| Family History Library films 1321020,|
|1935, 1945-46, 1961,1962||Family History Library films 1321020|
- Los Angeles Public Library
- Distant Cousin
- US City Directories This web site identifies printed, microfilmed, and online directories and their repositories.
- This page was last modified on 3 July 2014, at 14:53.
- This page has been accessed 6,856 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page