Calstock, CornwallEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Calstock, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Tawstock PLU|
|Parish registers: 1656|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
CALSTOCK (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Liskeard, Middle division of the hundred of East, E. division of Cornwall, 5¼ miles (E.) from Callington.
England Jurisdictions 1851 may be used to locate nearby parishes by clicking the "Options" tab and selecting "List contiguous parishes."
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Calstock, Cornwall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Calstock, Cornwall Online Parish Records|
||1773-1881, 1915-1993|| |
|FS PRs||1656-1908||1602-1899||1656-1878, 1915-1996|
Records for Calstock cover 1656-1996, these registers are kept at the County Record Office, County Hall, Truro TR1 3AY.
The Family History Library has microfilmed parish registers from 1658-1996 and bishop’s transcripts from 1684-1772. Microfilm numbers can be found at FamilySearch.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241258.
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
The Calstock section of the OPC website contains many records.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down the article to the Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
Calstock in GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 474-479.Date accessed: 11 March 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 November 2013.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:22.
- This page has been accessed 3,635 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More