Can I Trace Genealogy Back to Adam and Eve?Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
There is no proven pedigree documenting lineage back to Adam and Eve. The Internet has some compiled charts showing ancestry back to Adam and Eve and links to articles about lineages.
You may want to look at several sites to see if they have what you want.
Keep in mind the following points:
- Lineages are often tied to the names that appear in the Bible. Few of Adam and Eve’s descendants are mentioned in the Bible.
- Most charts contain gaps of hundreds of years.
- Connections between your ancestors and the Biblical names are usually assumed instead of being based in fact.
- Connections cannot be documented by contemporary documents.
An article in the February 1984 issue of the Ensign magazine talks about this subject. Go to the second question on the "I Have a Question" page after clicking here to open the Ensign.
- This page was last modified on 16 August 2008, at 10:14.
- This page has been accessed 3,984 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page