Canterbury Family History Centre, Kent GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Centre Contacts and Hours
Forty-Acre Road Canterbury Kent England CT2 7HJ United Kingdom
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- 44 0 122-776 5431
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director at 44 0 122-776 5431.
Holiday Schedule: Please Note that this centre is closed from September 2011 to May 2012
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) and England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records)means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view this collection using the portal.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 1 April 2015, at 21:48.
- This page has been accessed 3,472 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News