Cantonment School (Oklahoma)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Transferred to Cheyenne and Arapahoe, 1 July 1927.
A few of the records of this school may be found in the National Archives Southwest Region (Ft. Worth) or at the Oklahoma Historical Society in Oklahoma City. The school records may also be included in the records of the Cheyenne and Arapaho (or Concho) Agency, which supervised the school for a time.
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Cantonment School, 1907-1927, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Roll 8, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm number 1724226).
A census of the employees and pupils of Cantonment school in 1920 is part of the regular federal census for that year. The listing is at the end of the listing for Cantonment Township, Blaine County, Oklahoma (Enumeration District 7, Sheets 5A, 5B, and 6A).
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- Guide to Federal Records in the National Archives of the United States
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:29.
- This page has been accessed 885 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki