Cape Verde Islands Vital Records Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
This index covers events from 1894 through 1922.
This index is an electronic database of information. The entries are primarily from the International Genealogical Index (IGI) along with some entries derived from compiled and original records such as
- Family Records
- Church Records
- Civil Registration
It may also include indexes generated by the internet indexing project sponsored by the LDS Church.
There may be entries that cite a specific source such as the following:
- "Vital Record of Rhode Island, 1636-1850: a Family Register for the People" by James Arnold
- "Paul Dingwell Genealogical Collection" by Paul Dingwell
- A county or state vital record registration
These entries are in this collection for one of the following reasons:
- They were submitted by private individuals to the LDS Church and as such are part of the IGI resulting in their inclusion in this index.
- They have been indexed through the internet indexing project sponsored by the LDS Church. If this is the case, the index they are a part of has been included as part of this database.
The Vital Record Index databases are not necessarily intended to index any specific set of records although some sub-indexes (an index to a set of records within the database) have been found. When we identify a sub-index, we remove it from the database and post it separately on FamilySearch under its appropriate title.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints sponsored the indexing of this collection to help individuals find information about their ancestors.
Church records and civil registration were official records and are some of the most reliable sources of information available for those who were married in the Cape Verde Islands.
This index is not complete for any particular place or region
The key genealogical facts found in marriage index entries may include:
- Name of bride and groom
- Names of the parents
- Marriage date
- Marriage place
- Family History Library Microfilm and item numbers for the source materials
How to Use the Record
Use this file to help you learn more about your ancestors. The information could help you identify family relationships and lineages as well as direct you to original records of your ancestors, which may contain additional information.
Depending on the time period and place there may not be a surname listed in the original records. When that happened, the indexer often assigned a surname based on the father's surname which may not be correct. So if you are looking for a birth/christening, search by the given name of the child, adding parents' names and as much locality information as is permitted.
Each entry in this index has a source listed which includes a batch number. You will need to trace the batch number for the individual entry to learn its source. Please see the following wiki articles for more information on batch numbers:
For over 30 years, volunteer indexers extracted this information from microfilm copies of the original records. This index is an index of the marriages throughout the Cape Verde Islands. The index is not necessarily complete for any particular place or region.
Related Wiki Articles
Citations for this Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- "Cape Verde Islands Vital Records Index" index, "FamilySearch" (). Index based on the International Genealogical Index, Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah. FHL digital index. Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
|The citation for a record will be available with each record once the collection is published.|
- This page was last modified on 23 October 2014, at 21:05.
- This page has been accessed 4,542 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page