Caribou Maine Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Caribou Maine Family History Center services all patrons who live in the Northern Maine and Western New Brunswick areas. We also serve patrons who live elsewhere and may need help in locating information about ancestors who lived in this area. We welcome beginners and advanced researchers alike. All services and use of on-site materials are free of charge. Classes are offered according to demand.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 67 Paris Snow Dr Caribou ME 04736-2252 United States
- The library is located inside the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building and is open to all community patrons.
Open during holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- We specialize in French Canadian, Acadian, and Northern Maine records not currently available on the Internet.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Internet, microfilm and microfiche readers, trained staff.
Staff Research Specialties
Nearly all of our staff members have decades of research experience. Long term staff members specialize in the following localities: Maine and New England, Acadian and St. John Valley, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Quebec, and other parts of Canada.
Resources in the Local Area
Several of our on-site resources are not currently available online or microfilmed. These include collections of marriage and other llocal church records, local cemetery compilations, and local histories. Several collections of family histories, pedigrees and other genealogical compilations have been put together on families that have lived in Northern Maine and New Brunswick for generations.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 5 September 2014, at 21:22.
- This page has been accessed 1,311 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More