Carleton Forehoe, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Carleton Forehoe, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Forehoe PLU|
|Parish registers: 1699|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
CARLETON-FOREHOE (St. Mary), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (N. N. W.) from Wymondham.
Carleton Forehoe St Mary is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich .
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Forehoe 1837-1935
- with Kimberley 1935-1938
- Norwich outer 1939-1974
Carleton Forehoe, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Carleton Forehoe, Norfolk Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 327 /1-4
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438856.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Carleton Forehoe on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 511-520. Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 16 April 2014, at 18:54.
- This page has been accessed 1,714 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki