Carlsbad City LibraryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This genealogy collection is one of the largest in Southern California and has a strong emphasis on the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries in the United States. The North San Diego County Genealogical Society regularly holds programs at this library, including beginning genealogy and computer genealogy classes.
Their holdings include the following:
- Printed books and journals, microfilm, microfiche and CDs
- United States city directories through 1881 on microfiche and microfilm
- County histories in print and on microfiche
- County atlases in print
- State censuses on microfilm
- A small circulating collection of duplicate books
For the more difficult material, the library has User Guides to help patrons. for a list of the online User Guides click here.
There is also a Carlsbad History Room with yearbooks, newspaper, family letters, memorabilia and early Carlsbad city documents. They also have an oral history collection from residents, including a descendant of the first pioneers.
Carlsbad City Library
1250 Carlsbad Village Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
- This page was last modified on 9 May 2014, at 23:06.
- This page has been accessed 667 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More