Carmarthenshire Nonconformist RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many of the county's nonconformist chapel registers are available:
- in an archive or library
- Published as a booklet, microfiche or on-line as transcriptions of the original registers at the IGI. (However, many of the birth and christening records on the IGI have had patronymic surnames incorrectly applied by the transcriber).
- On-line as part of a pay to use website
A spreadsheet is being developed to identify chapels in each of the parishes in the county. Visit Carmarthenshire Nonconformist Records to use the available information. This document lists a combination of details related to chapels in the pre-1974 county. It can be updated at any time if new information is discovered. This also provides the ability for many people to add or share information that may not be common knowledge, especially for researchers outside Wales.
- Archives Network Wales
- The Religious Census of 1851 A Calendar of the Returns Relating to Wales, Volume I South Wales
- Nonconformist Registers of Wales
- The Parish Churches and Nonconformist Chapels of Wales
- Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
- This page was last modified on 6 December 2012, at 14:31.
- This page has been accessed 689 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More