Carter County, MontanaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Carter County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Carter County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 22, 1917|
|Address|| Carter County Courthouse|
214 Park Street
Ekalaka, MT 59324
Carter County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 22 February 1917 from Custer County.
- County seat: Ekalaka 
- Neighboring Counties: Butte County, South Dakota | Crook County, Wyoming | Custer | Fallon | Harding County, South Dakota | Powder River
For tips on accessing Carter County, Montana census records online, see: Montana Census.
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
County Clerk has birth, death and land records from 1917. Clerk Courts has marriage, divorce, probate, probate and court records
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 415.
- This page was last modified on 23 May 2013, at 16:39.
- This page has been accessed 1,497 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More