Cartersville Georgia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Cartersville, Georgia FHC is located about 51 miles north of Atlanta on I-75, exit 296 and serves a multi-county area in northwest Georgia.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 870 Peeples Valley Road, NE, Cartersville, Georgia 30121, United States
- Family History Center entrance is on the north end of the church.
- Please ring bell for entrance.
- Tuesday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-12:00pm
Closed from the week of Thanksgiving until the 2nd Tuesday in January.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 computers
- 1 microfilm reader
Staff Research Specialties
- Cherokee Indian Research
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome non member volunteers who share our interest in family history and who are computer literate.
- This page was last modified on 29 October 2014, at 22:53.
- This page has been accessed 12,013 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More