Castor, NorthamptonshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Castor, Northamptonshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Nassaburgh or Peterborough Liberty|
|Poor Law Union||Peterborough PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1708|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Northamptonshire Record Office|
CASTOR (St. Keneburgha), a parish, in the union and soke of Peterborough, N. division of the county of Northampton, 4½ miles (W.) from Peterborough.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Castor parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|CASTOR PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438883.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Northamptonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date Accessed 31 December 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 22 July 2014, at 20:44.
- This page has been accessed 1,051 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki