Caverswall, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Caverswall, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Cheadle PLU|
|Parish registers: 1552|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1663|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
CAVERSWALL (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Cheadle, N. division of the hundred of Totmonslow and of the county of Stafford, 3 miles (E.) from Longton with the township of WestonCoyney with Hulme. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; and at Caverswall Castle is a private Roman Catholic chapel.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Please see Staffordshire BMD
Caverswall St Peter
Caverswall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG =FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|CAVERSWALL PARISH (1552) Online Records|
|FREG||1552-1607, 1613-1643, 1662-1703||
||1552-1607, 1613-1643, 1662-1703, 1837-1858, 1861-1893||
||1552-1607, 1613-1643, 1662-1682, 1700, 1813-1904|| |
Caverswall Roman Catholic parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|CAVERSWALL ROMAN CATHOLIC Online Records|
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in
full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474629.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 538-542. Date accessed: 18 October 2012.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 21 August 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 1 June 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:48.
- This page has been accessed 2,958 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page