Cedar County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Cedar County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Cedar County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||February 14, 1845|
|Address|| Cedar County Courthouse|
113 South Street
PO Box 158
Stockton, MO 65785-0126
Cedar County Website
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1845, probate and court records
See an interactive map of Cedar County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Cedar County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of Cedar County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Cedar County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Map of 1904 Cedar County with numerous small settlements (My Genealogy Hound)
- 1828-1869 - Cedar County Birth Index 1828-1869. Batch C515231 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1883-1889 - Cedar County Birth Index 1883-1889. Batch C515234 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1845-1883 - Cedar County Marriage Books A thru C Index 1845-1883. Batch M515231 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1881-1885 - Cedar County Marriage Books D thru F Index 1881-1885. Batch M515232 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Biographies from The History of Cedar County, Missouri (1889) published by Goodspeed are available free on the My Genealogy Hound website.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cedar County, Missouri. Page 398 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5a/Igimissouria.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 6 May 2013, at 23:35.
- This page has been accessed 1,534 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More