Centreville Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 14150 Upperridge Dr Centreville VA 20121 United States
- Family History Center has a Digital Imager Micro Film Readers and Computers with access to the Internet.
- Micro films and Fiche are available.
- Family History Staff available for assistance.
- Tuesday:9:30am-2:30pm and 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Wednesday:9:30am-2:30pm and 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Thursday:9:30am-2:30pm and 7:00pm-9:30pm
Holiday Schedule 2014:
December 23rd-January 7th: March 12th all Day Stake Temple Day: March 26th day and evening: April 5th General Conference: May 24th Memorial Day: July 5th Independence Day: August 30th Labor Day Weekend: October 4th General Conference: November 25- 29 Thanksgiving: December 23rd-January 6th 2015 Christmas & New Year Holiday break.
Calendar and Events
Training will be held through-out the year
Watch for announcements
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
The Centreville Family History Center has eight computers, a Minolta MS 6000 microfilm scanner and fiche scanner. Also Printer/Scanner.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
http://www.lds.org/topics/family-history?lang=eng (Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We are in need of volunteers for our Family History Center. A desire to do Family History and some basic computer skills and we will provid the training and experience helpers
- This page was last modified on 21 October 2014, at 16:48.
- This page has been accessed 2,547 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More