Centreville Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 14150 Upperridge Drive, Centreville, VA 20121, USA
- Family History Center has a Digital Imager, Micro Film Readers and Computers with access to the Internet. Micro films and Fiche are available. Family History Staff available for assistance.
Phone: (703) 830-5343
- Tue 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Wed 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Thu 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Sat 9:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Holiday Close Dates
- Dec 23 - Mon Jan 7
- Tues Christmas Holidays & New Year
Closing Dates 2014
- March 12 Wed. All Day Stake Temple Day:
- March 26 Wed, Day and Evening
- April 5 Sat. General Conference:
- May 24 Sat. Memorial Day
- Sat.4 & 5 July Independence Day
- Aug. 30 Sat. Labor Day Weekend
- Oct 4 Sat. General Conference
- 23 Dec-Jan. 6, 2015 Christmas Holiday
Calendar and Events
Training High Priest Group Leader, Ward Family History Consultants, FHC Staff
Sunday 16 Mar 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Centreville FHC
Sunday 28 Sep 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Centreville FHC
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
The Centreville Family History Center has eight computers, a Minolta MS 6000 microfilm scanner and fiche scanner. Also Printer/Scanner.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
http://www.lds.org/topics/family-history?lang=eng (Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We are in need of volunteers for our Family History Center. A desire to do Family History and some basic computer skills and we will provid the training and experience helpers
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:00.
- This page has been accessed 1,509 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki