Centro de Historia FamiliarEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
In the late 1990s, a "pilot program" to update familysearch.org and digitize its entire collection was started using volunteers to input or "index" census and other data. This new genealogical index is considered an upgrade to "Record Search" It is a work in progress representing 426 regions around the world. Millions of new names have been inputted by volunteers. Volunteers to the project are now being actively solicited at FamilySearchIndexing.org. The searchable database containing the digital images and index will be available through the church's FamilySearch website.
Family History Center (LDS Church) on Wikipedia.
- FamilySearch.org for information on family history center locations
- Family History Library research wiki
- New York FHCs representing ward, stake and other Family History Centers.
- Los Angeles Family History Library formerly known as the "Los Angeles Regional Family History Center" is now designated as a "Large Multi-Stake Family History Center" by the LDS Church, but not by its supporting genealogical organizations and patrons (members and non-members).
- Family History Library
- FamilySearch Indexing
- San Diego California Large Multi-Stake Family History Center
- Mesa Arizona Family History Center
- This page was last modified on 6 August 2012, at 15:43.
- This page has been accessed 1,800 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page