Chadwick's Company, Michigan EngineersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Chadwick's Company, Michigan Engineers was formed at Marshall, Michigan on November 1, 1861. The men took the oath of alligiance to the United States on November 3, 1861 and were mustered out and disbanded 30 days later at Detroit, Michigan. 
County of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
For more information on the Michigan Engineers see Roster This roster is listed Alphebital and the unit letter is listed next to the name.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Michigan in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is search-able by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Michigan in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Michigan, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Hoffman, Mark. My Brave Mechanics: The First Michigan Engineers and Their Civil War. Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 2007. Page 24. digital copy. Other libraries.
- ↑ Michigan Civil War Website,  Michigan in the civil War 1861-1865 Presented by Don Harvey (accessed 2 March 2011).
- This page was last modified on 20 March 2014, at 15:26.
- This page has been accessed 653 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki