Chamberlain Indian School (South Dakota)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Chamberlain School was established in 1898 at Chamberlain, South Dakota as a nonreservation boarding school. It closed in 1909.
At least some of the records of this school are in the Central Plains Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in Kansas City, including registers of students, 1901-1906, rosters of employees, 1897-1909, and a "blotter," 1907-1909, which includes notations about the arrival and departure of students and employees. Other administrative records of the school are also in this collection.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- This page was last modified on 19 February 2009, at 21:21.
- This page has been accessed 650 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More