Champaign Illinois Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 604 W Windsor Rd. Champaign, IL 61820 United States
- We are located in the LDS Church building itself.
- Park on the east side of the building by a small patio area.
- Enter the first door on the left and turn left again to enter the Family History Center.
- Champaign Illinois Family History Center
Phone: (217) 352-8063
- Tuesday 7pm - 9pm
- Thursday 7pm-9pm
- Friday 9am -12pm
- Or by appointment please call 217-344-3866 or 217-390-6252
- Closed Memorial Day
- Closed Independence Day
- Closed Veterans Day
- Closed Thanksgiving Day
- Closed December 19 thru January 6th
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- The Champaign Illinois Family History Center has a small lending library of around 300 books relating to genealogy. Many of these items are also available for download via the Family History Library. Patrons may borrow up to 2 books at a time, for a period of four (4) weeks. Some few books are reserved for center use only, these are noted by cards which specify 'Room Use Only.' when borrowing items, patrons are requested to provide name, phone, e-mail and home address.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Four Windows PCs with networked printer
- Two microfiche readers
- Three microfilm readers
- One microfilm reader printer station
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Champaign County Historical Archives, which operates out of the second floor of the The Urbana Free Library is also a wonderful reference site for genealogists. They have a good collection of Illinois and Champaign County reference books as well as half a dozen computers with free acess to some genealogy software programs.
Champaign County Genealogical Society of Illinois is the founding group behind the Champaign County Historical Archives. Their meetings and research nights are the secondTuesday and Wednesday of the month at the Champaign County Historical Archives in the Urbana Free Library.
Urbana Free Library has a Local History Online website which gives information on their collection and access to the actual Local History Online database.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 12 December 2014, at 20:41.
- This page has been accessed 1,387 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More