Chapel Chorlton, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Chapel Chorlton, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: chapelry register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Chapel Chorlton, Staffordshire|
|Poor Law Union||Newcastle under Lyme PLU|
|Registration District||Newcastle under Lyme|
|Parish registers: 1564|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1681|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of Eccleshall|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
CHORLTON, a chapelry, in the parish of Eccleshall, union of Newcastle-under-Lyme, N. division of the hundred of Pirehill and of the county of Stafford; comprising the townships of Chapel-Chorltonand Hill-Chorlton. Near Hill-Chorlton is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
See also Staffordshire BMD
Chapel Chorlton St Lawrence formed 1743
Chapel Chorlton parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|CHAPEL CHORLTON PARISH (1588) Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1564-1891 Mar 1564-1996 Bur 1564-1998 (includes some Bishop's transcripts
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1671-1876 Mar 1671- 1835 Bur 1671- 1876
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Chapel Chorlton, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474620.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 607-612. Date accessed: 18 October 2012.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 April 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 22 August 2014, at 00:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,476 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki