Charleston County, South Carolina PoorEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
See also Orphans and Orphanages
- Easterby, J.H. "Public Poor Relief in Colonial Charleston: A Report to the Common House of Assembly about the Year 1767," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 42, No. 2 (Apr. 1941):83-86. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Fraser, Walter J. "The City Elite, 'Disorder,' and the Poor Children of Pre-Revolutionary Charleston," The South Carolina Historical Magazine, Vol. 84, No. 3 (Jul. 1983):167-179. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Klebaner, Benjamin Joseph. "Public Poor Relief in Charleston, 1800-1860," The South Carolina Historical Magazine, Vol. 55, No. 4 (Oct., 1954), pp. 210-220. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:19.
- This page has been accessed 729 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More