Charleston County, South Carolina PoorEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
See also Orphans and Orphanages
- Easterby, J.H. "Public Poor Relief in Colonial Charleston: A Report to the Common House of Assembly about the Year 1767," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 42, No. 2 (Apr. 1941):83-86. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Fraser, Walter J. "The City Elite, 'Disorder,' and the Poor Children of Pre-Revolutionary Charleston," The South Carolina Historical Magazine, Vol. 84, No. 3 (Jul. 1983):167-179. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Klebaner, Benjamin Joseph. "Public Poor Relief in Charleston, 1800-1860," The South Carolina Historical Magazine, Vol. 55, No. 4 (Oct., 1954), pp. 210-220. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- This page was last modified on 31 October 2012, at 21:47.
- This page has been accessed 671 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page