Charleston County, South Carolina TaxationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
See also African Americans.
Tax-related records are kept by the offices of the county Assessor, Auditor, Sheriff, and Treasurer. Taxes were levied on real and personal property and can help establish ages, residences, relationships, and the year an individual died or left the area. They can be used as substitutes for missing or destroyed land and census records.
- South Carolina Department of Archives and History tax lists for Charleston County.
- 1732 Assessments of St. Paul's Parish, Edisto Island South Carolina Pioneers
-  "1732 Tax Return for Edisto Island," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 18, No. 4 (Fall 1990):183-186. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 18
- This page was last modified on 31 October 2012, at 21:52.
- This page has been accessed 831 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki