Chatham, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- 1843-1873 - Thomas, Milton. Marriages of Columbia County Residents at the Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of Chatham, Columbia County, New York 1843-1873. Chatham, N.Y., 1923. Digital version at Internet Archive.
- Quaker Records: Chatham Monthly Meeting & Hudson Monthly Meeting Columbia County, New York. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
Genealogical Resources: A brief history for Chatham, Columbia County, New York by Capt. Franklin Ellis, 1878.
Genealogical Resources: A list of men from the Town of Chatham that served in the Civil War. This is based on the 1878 history by Captain Franklin Ellis.
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the largest online collection of 400 New York 1795-2007 newspapers. The instructions for this quirky site are needed to get the most out of it.
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the following Chatham, New York newspaper images:
- Chatham NY Courier 1867-1967
- Chatham NY Republican 1886-1898
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Chatham Public Library
11 Woodbridge Ave
Chatham, NY 12037-1399
North Chatham Free Library
4287 Route 203
North Chatham, NY 12132-0907
Hudson Area Library
Genealogical Resources: Historical information of the city, county and state, city directories, High School yearbooks, historical periodicals, photographs. History Room
Shaker Museum and Library
Genealogical Resources: Collections: printed material, photographs, manuscripts.
Genealogical Resources: School Archives includes some attendance and enrollment records, and contracts.
North Chatham Historical Society
PO Box 243
North Chatham, NY 12132
Phone: (518) 766-3058
Riders Mills Historical Association
Attn: Robert G. Leary, President
P.O. Box 1
Malden Bridge, NY 12115
Red Rock Historical Society
Ginny Nightingale or Nancy Cuddihy
PO Box 50
East Chatham, NY 12060
Phone: 392-2286 or 392-6065
Columbia County Historical Society
c/o Columbia County Museum & Library
5 Albany Avenue
PO Box 311
Kinderhook, NY 12106
Beth Anne Rippel, Clerk
488 State Route 295
Chatham, NY 12037
Claire Wheeler, Historian
PO Box 172
Old Chatham NY 12136
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Chatham, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- This page was last modified on 19 March 2012, at 20:56.
- This page has been accessed 1,063 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More