Cheapside, YorkshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Howden PLU|
|Parish registers: For records see surrounding parishes|
|Bishop's Transcripts: For records see surrounding parishes|
|Rural Deanery||Not Applicable|
|Probate Court||Search the courts of the surrounding parishes|
|Location of Archive|
|Yorkshire Record Office|
Guide to Cheapside, Yorkshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
CHEAPSIDES, an extra-parochial liberty, in the union of Howden, wapentake of Howdenshire, E. riding of York, 5½ miles (E.) from Howden; containing 47 inhabitants. This place adjoins Scalby.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Online data content from chapelry registers of Cheapsides exists at some of the following websites and for the specified ranges of years:
|IARC = Archive.org|
|FS = FamilySearch.org|
|ANC = ancestry.co.uk (£)|
|HATH = HathiTrust.org|
|JOIN = JoinerMarriageIndex.co.uk - (£)|
|CHEAPSIDES PARISH (1804) Online Records|
For a full list of all those chapels surrounding Warrington-Padgate Christ Church and comprising the whole ancient parish of Cheapsides to which it was attached, be certain to see "Church Records" on the CHEAPSIDES PARISH page.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
This ancient parish (AP) was created before 1813. Church of England records began in date.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Yorkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 18 October 2014, at 15:46.
- This page has been accessed 2,721 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki