Chelvey, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
CHELVEY (St. Bridget), a parish, in the union of Bedminster, hundred of Hartcliffe with Bedminster, E. division of Somerset, 9 miles (W. S. W.) from Bristol.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Chelvey, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|SOPC = Somerset Online Parish Clerks - free|
|CHELVEY PARISH Online Records|
||1576-1731, 1735-1912|| |
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 15 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 16 October 2013.
- ↑ Somerset Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 5 December 2013, at 17:34.
- This page has been accessed 838 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More