Child's Ercall, Shropshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Child's Ercall, Shropshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Child's Ercall, Shropshire|
|Poor Law Union||Market Drayton PLU|
|Registration District||Market Drayton|
|Parish registers: 1569|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1681|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
ERCALL, CHILD'S, or Ercall Parva (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Drayton, Drayton division of the hundred of North Bradford, N. division of Shropshire, 6 miles (S.) from Drayton. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Child's Ercall, Shropshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Shropshire Records (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|Child's Ercall, Shropshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|IGI||1569-1869 (gaps)||1569-1844 (gaps)|
Bishop's transcripts held at Lichfield Record Office Bap 1681-1869 Marr 1681-1835 Bur 1681-1869
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474579.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 177-181. Date accessed: 04 May 2012.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Baptisms 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Banns 1760-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Shropshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 25 May 2015, at 15:19.
- This page has been accessed 1,694 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More