Chirbury with Brompton, ShropshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Chirbury with Brompton, Shropshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Chirbury with Brompton, Shropshire|
|Poor Law Union||Montgomery PLU|
|Parish registers: 1629|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1660|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
CHIRBURY (St. Michael), a parish, in the hundred of Chirbury, S. division of Shropshire, 3¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Montgomery. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Chirbury parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|CHIRBURY PARISH (1629) Online Records|
Leighton (Chirbury) registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Leighton (Chirbury) Online Records|
Middleton in Chirbury registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Middleton in Chirbury Online Records|
Trelystan (Chirbury) registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Trelystan (Chirbury) Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474584.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 599-603. Date accessed: 04 May 2012.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Baptisms 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Shropshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 9 September 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 22:02.
- This page has been accessed 1,416 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page