Chittenden County, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Chittenden County Vermont genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Chittenden County, New Hampshire|
Location in the state of New Hampshire
|Founded||October 22, 1789|
|Address|| Chittenden County Courthouse|
175 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05401-8310
Chittenden County Website
County CourthouseTown clerks have birth, marriage, death, burial, probate and land records; County clerk has divorce records from 1829 and court records from 1798
Towns Organized Before 1800:
St. George 1763,
Created 22 October 1787 from the Colonial lands. 
- 5 November 1792, Franklin County set off.
- 1 November 1810, Jefferson County set off (renamed Washington County 8 November 1814.)
- 26 October 1835, Lamoille County set off.
For animated maps illustrating Vermont County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Vermont County Boundary Maps" (1764-1895) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
Places / Localities
Towns and Cities
- Buel's Gore
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
Military History and Records
Regiments and Companies:
- - 2nd Regiment, Vermont Infantry
- - 5th Regiment, Vermont Infantry, Companies I and K
- - 13th Regiment, Vermont Infantry
Probate files or packets for Chittenden County are now digitized and available at http://labs.familysearch.org/.
See also How to order Vermont Vital Records, order electronically online or download an application for Vermont <a title="Vermont Birth Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/birth_form.aspx" target="_blank">Birth Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Marriage Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/marriage_form.aspx" target="_blank">Marriage Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Divorce Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/divorce_form.aspx" target="_blank">Divorce Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Death Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/deathcert_form.aspx" target="_blank">Death Certificate</a> Applications to mail.
Societies,Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
|Centers provide: • Personal one-on-one assistance • Access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program • Free how-to classes (varies by location). See Family History Centers for more information.|
- Chittenden County, VT History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Vermont Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Vermont Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- The Chittenden County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project backup site
- Chittenden County Genealogy (Vermont Genealogy)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 698. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 395. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- ↑ Leclerc, 394.
- This page was last modified on 8 October 2014, at 17:24.
- This page has been accessed 10,724 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki