Chobham, SurreyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
CHOBHAM (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Chertsey, First division of the hundred of Godley, W. division of Surrey, 4½ miles (E. S. E.) from Bagshot. There is a place of worship for Baptists. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
| 1818, 1853 1857
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474662. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Surrey Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
- 1664 Hearth Tax at Hearth Tax Online - free.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848) Date accessed: 26 September 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Surrey Coverage in FreeReg, FreeREG, accessed 14 April 2012.
- ↑ Batches M055361, M055362, M055363, M055364, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- ↑ Batches C055361, C055362, C055364, J055363, K055363, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 11 April 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Surrey,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 11 April 2012.
- ↑ 'Vital Records Index - British Isles - Collection List,' British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd ed., hosted at Genoot, accessed 14 April 2012.
- ↑ 'About Surrey and South London Will Abstracts 1470-1858,' Origins.net, accessed 27 June 2012.
- This page was last modified on 1 November 2013, at 15:27.
- This page has been accessed 1,036 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More