Chorley Wood Christ Church, HertfordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
England Hertfordshire Hertfordshire Parishes Guide to Chorley Wood Christ Church, Hertfordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Chorley Wood Christ Church, Hertfordshire|
|Poor Law Union||Watford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1845|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - London; Post-1844 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of St Albans|
|Location of Archive|
|Hertfordshire Record Office|
Chorley Wood or Chorley Wood Christ Church, is a chapelry in Rickmansworth parish, Hertfordshire; on the verge of the county, at the river Chess, 2¼ miles NW of Rickmansworth railway station. There is a Baptist chapel.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Chorley Wood Christ Church, Hertfordshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|Chorley Wood Christ Church, Hertfordshire Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288827.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hertfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870 -72. Adapted. Date accessed: 11 January 2014.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 13 December 2013.
- ↑ 'The Hertfordshire Collection,' FindMyPast, accessed 5 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hertford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 11 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 12 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 23 May 2014, at 15:24.
- This page has been accessed 1,626 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki