Church Minshull, CheshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Church Minshull St Bartholomew is an Ancient Parish in Cheshire including Paradise Green, Wood Green, and Wades Green.
St Bartholomew's Church, Church Minshull is in the village of Church Minshull, Cheshire, England. Its benefice is combined with those of St Mary, Acton, Cheshire, St David, Wettenhall, Cheshire, and St Oswald, Worleston.
Church Minshull is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. The village is located approximately 5 miles (8.0 km) north west of Crewe and to the west of the River Weaver and the Shropshire Union Canal.
MINSHULL, CHURCH (St. Bartholomew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Nantwich, S. division of the county of Chester, 5½ miles (N. by E.) from Nantwich. The parish is situated on the river Weaver. Cheese is made in great quantities. There is a place of worship forIndependents.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241248. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Church Minshull St Bartholomew parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials have been indexed by the following groups:
|FS PR's =FamilySearch Parish Registers|
|FS BT's = FamilySearch Bishops Transcripts|
|Church Minshull St Bartholomew Parish (1561) Online Records|
|FS PR's|| 1561-1909
|FS BT'S||1605-1898|| NONE
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Parish registers for Church Minshull, 1561-1983 Cheshire Record Office call number: P12/1/1-2, P12/2/1, P12/3/1-2, P12/4/1, P12/6124/1-2.
An index for Cheshire parish registers is available online at FamilySearch Historical Records.
|Parish Registers Content||FHL Film|
| Baptisms, marriages, burials, 1561-1672. Baptisms, burials, 1672-1850.
Marriages, 1672-1755, 1761-1837. Burials, 1851-1874. Rough registers (baptisms, marriages, burials), 1796-1835. Copy register--index, 1561-1611, 1726-1768.
| BRITISH |
2262977 Items 3 - 15
|Baptisms, 1813-1979. Marriages, 1838-1983.|| BRITISH |
2262741 Items 8 - 9
Bishop's transcripts for Church Minshull, 1605-1898 Cheshire Record Office call number: EDB/67.
An index for Cheshire, Church of England Bishops Transcripts is available at FamilySearch Historical Records.
|Bishop's Transcript Content||FHL Film|
|Baptisms, marriages, burials, 1605, 1609-1610, 1614-1618, 1621-1622, 1624, 1623, 1637, 1639-1640, 1648, 1658-1664, 1666, 1668-1670, 1672-1685, 1687-1689, 1691-1705, 1707-1739, 1742-1743, 1745-1818, 1820-1837, 1852-1856. Baptisms, burials, 1745-1870, 1884-1898.|| BRITISH |
1656841 Item 1
|Baptisms, marriages, burials, 1605, 1609-1610, 1614-1618, 1621-1624, 1637, 1639-1640, 1648, 1658-1664, 1666, 1668-1670, 1672-1685, 1687-1689, 1691-1705, 1707-1739, 1742-1743, 1745-1837, 1852-1856. Baptisms & burials, 1745-1870, 1884-1898.|| BRITISH |
1655595 Item 2
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from 1 July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. Here are two excellent Internet sites with birth, marriage and death indexes available:
- Nantwich (1837–1937)
- Crewe (1937–74)
- Congleton and Crewe (1974–88)
- South Cheshire (1988–98)
- Cheshire Central ( post1998) The post 2009 reorganisation of civil registration can be found online at Cheshire BMD
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cheshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.See also England Cheshire Probate Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Richards, Raymond (1947), Old Cheshire Churches, London: B. T Batsford, pp. 132–136
- Pevsner, Nikolaus; Edward Hubbard (2003) , The Buildings of England: Cheshire, New Haven: Yale University Press, p. 179, ISBN 0 300 09588 0
- This page was last modified on 8 November 2013, at 22:01.
- This page has been accessed 1,293 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More