Claremont County, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
In 1791 a part of Claremont was given to help form Salem County, South Carolina. In 1800 Claremont, Clarendon (1785-1800), and Salem counties were combined to form the new Sumter County. The Claremont County name was extinguished at this time.
For documents of people who lived in this area at this time, look in:
For animated maps illustrating South Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation South Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1682-1987) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
- ↑ "South Carolina Districts and Counties 1786-1790" [map] in Carolana at http://www.carolana.com/SC/Early_Statehood/sc_statehood_1800_districts_counties_1790.html (accessed 8 May 2011).
- ↑ "A History of Claremont County" in South Carolina - The Counties at http://www.carolana.com/SC/Counties/claremont_county_sc.html (accessed 8 May 2011).
- ↑ "South Carolina Districts and Parishes 1770" [map] in Carolana at http://www.carolana.com/SC/Royal_Colony/sc_royal_colony_districts_parishes_1770.html (accessed 8 May 2011).
- This page was last modified on 10 March 2014, at 16:42.
- This page has been accessed 1,988 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki