Classes at San Diego California Large Multi-Stake Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Classes at the San Diego Family Search Library
January - December 2013
Call: (619) 584 7668 or Email: email@example.com
Class Time Instructor
- African American Research Thurs - 7 pm to 8 pm Marti Lewis. Margaret Lewis is VP of the SD African American Genealogy Group. Her classes are open to members and community alike and her lesson content covers all phases of African American research from African origins through migration/immigration, to slavery, reconstruction, segregation and emancipation.
- Family Search / Family Tree Wed - 7 pm to 8 pm TBA. This class outlines the transition from the former New.FamilySearch to the present FamilySearch – Family Tree. Topics covered include basic pedigree building, sourcing, correcting and merging data.
- FamilyTree Fan Charts Wed - 7 pm to 8 pm Dawna Jones. A fun and creative way to share your family ancestry either as a decorative item for display or a quick visual to zero in on needed research. Students will take home step by step instructions using on-line applications.
- Family Tree Photos Thurs - 6 pm to7 pm Susie Aincham. Recently released by FamilySearch, Susie Aincham has proven to be the resident expert in adding photos and stories to your online FamilyTree file. For a fun evening, bring your family photos and let Susie help you format and install them for all your family to enjoy.
- German Research 3rd Wed - 11 to 1 pm SD German Gen Soc.Family historians researching their Germanic ancestors will find the presentations on German genealogy sponsored by the San Diego Genealogical Society especially helpful. No formal membership in this organization is required.
- New Consultant Training daily by appt. Elder Ed Jones
- Spanish Research afternoons & evenings Wed - Gloria Morales and Thurs- Marcy Lopez
- Coming Soon - Irish Research assistance - TBA
- “On-Call” Consultants available for Italian, Irish, Scottish, British, Canadian, French, German, Jewish, and Spanish Research
- FamilySearch.org (enhanced version) - Library Catalog - Books & Films Research. Instructor/Consultant: Allen Wampach – Tuesdays (a.m.)
- FamilySearch: Group and Individual Instruction available Tuesday through Saturday.
- Personal Family Files: Personal Ancestral File (PAF): - Programs within PAF - Inserting Pictures and Stories
- Creating a PAF file using "Get My Ancestors" from Family Search. – Group and Individual Instruction available Tuesday through Saturday.
- Ancestry Institution.com - Census Records/Family Trees. Instruction available Tuesday through Saturday.
- Computer Basics: Instructor: John R. Carpenter. Saturdays
- DNA & Genealogy: Instructor: John R. Carpenter Saturdays
- Indexing - How to Instruction available Tuesday through Saturday. Instructors: Dawna Jones and Bob Harris –Individual or Group Instructions. Call for appointment
- Screen Shots/JPEG/Cropping. Instructor: Bob Harris. - Windows XP, Vista & Windows 7 - Tuesday & Wednesday, Thursday (a.m..)
- Available now!! Digital Camera Scanner - Easily mounts on Film readers - Captures on demand - Outputs to Flash Drive or Printer.
Notice: New Instructions for Film Ordering: Click here.
- This page was last modified on 13 June 2013, at 19:35.
- This page has been accessed 2,359 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page