Clay County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Clay County, North Carolina ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Clay County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
For animated maps illustrating North Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation North Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1664-1965) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
1870--Fire (not courthouse) destroyed all records of the county. For a list of record loss in North Carolina counties see: North Carolina Counties with Burned Courthouses
For tips on accessing Clay County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- - 5th Regiment, North Carolina Senior Reserves, Company G
:- 7th Battalion, North Carolina Cavalry, Company B
:- 7th Battalion, North Carolina Cavalry, Company C
- 1870-1908 - Clay County, North Carolina Early Marriages at USGenWeb - free.
- 1870-1970 - Clay County Marriage Books A-Z Index 1870-1970 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
|Centers provide: • Personal one-on-one assistance • Access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program • Free how-to classes (varies by location). See Family History Centers for more information.|
- Clay County, NC History, Records, Facts and Genealogy (Genealogy Inc)
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clay County, North Carolina. Page 507 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "Henry Clay," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/4/4d/Iginorthcarolinaa.pdf.
- This page was last modified on 17 December 2014, at 17:42.
- This page has been accessed 7,297 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page