Clearfield Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Clearfield Utah Family History Center serves the following cities: Clearfield, Syracuse, West Point, Sunset, and Clinton.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 935 South State Street, Clearfield, UT 84015
- Enter by the Northeast (back) side of building.
Phone: 801-774-2188 (answered only during open hours)
- David L. Morse Sr. - 801-773-9115
- Monday: 9am-1pm
- Tue: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Wed: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Thurs: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Friday: 9:00am-1pm
- Closed for the following holidays in 2014:
- Memorial Day (26 May)
- Independence Day (04 July)
- Pioneer Day (24 July)
- Labor Day (01 September)
- Thanksgiving (26-28 November)
- Christmas week (22-26 December)
- New Years week (29 December - 02 January)
Calendar and Events
The following classes will be held at the Clearfield Family History Center at the dates and times indicated. Seating is limited so registration is necessary; register by calling the Center at 801-774-2188 during regular Center operating hours (see above for schedule).
DAY DATE TIME CLASS SUBJECT INSTRUCTOR
J A N U A R Y 2 0 1 5
Mon 05 Jan 1:00 PM WIKI Cragun
Tue 06 Jan 2:00 PM FAMILYSEARCH - 1 Stanger
Thu 08 Jan 2:00 PM Sourcing Patterson
Sat 10 Jan 10:00 AM Ancestry.com Patterson
Mon 12 Jan 1:00 PM Indexing Capson
Tue 13 Jan 2:00 PM FAMILYSEARCH - 2 Stanger
Wed 14 Jan 2:00 PM Immigration Smith
Mon 19 Jan 1:00 PM Memories Byington
Tue 20 Jan 2:00 PM FAMILYSEARCH - 3 Stangers
Sat 24 Jan 10:00 AM Death Records Patterson
Mon 26 Jan 1:00 PM Indexing Capson
Tue 27 Jan 2:00 PM FAMILYSEARCH - 4 Stanger
Wed 28 Jan 2:00 PM Military Records Smith
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- The center has some books, fiche, and microfilm available on indefinite loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
Hardware and Equipment
- This center has computers, microfilm readers, fiche reader, printers, etc.
Staff Research Specialties
For help with research on Native Americans contact Margaret Smith at 801-525-6885.
For help with research in Sweden contact Taren Tyler at 801-525-0949 or
Kevin Capson at 801-825-2031.
For help with research during the Revolutionary Ward Period contact
Sharon Patterson at 801-628-2817.
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for volunteers to work shifts throughout the week. All consultants are asked to volunteer one shift, if possible.
- This page was last modified on 14 December 2014, at 23:11.
- This page has been accessed 3,251 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page