Clearfield Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Clearfield Utah Family History Center serves the following cities: Clearfield, Syracuse, West Point, Sunset, and Clinton.
Center Contacts and Hours
- Clearfield Stake Center, 935 South State Street, Clearfield, UT 84015
- Enter by the Northeast (back) side of building.
- 801-774-2188 (answered only during open hours)
- David L. Morse Sr. - 801-773-9115
- Monday and Friday: 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 10:00 A.M.- 2:00 P.M, also evening 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- NOTE: The Center will be closed from 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. on both 18 and 20 March 2014.
- Closed for the following holidays in 2014:
- Memorial Day (26 May)
- Independence Day (04 July)
- Pioneer Day (24 July)
- Labor Day (01 September)
- Thanksgiving (26-28 November)
- Christmas week (22-26 December)
- New Years week (29 December - 02 January)
|Centers provide: • Personal one-on-one assistance • Access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program • Free how-to classes (varies by location). See Family History Centers for more information.|
Centers in Clearfield Utah Family History Center: (If no centers are listed, see Neighboring Counties)
Calendar and Events
The following classes will be held at the Clearfield Family History Center at the dates and times indicated. Seating is limited so registration is necessary; register by calling the Center at 801-774-2188
during regular Center operating hours (see above for schedule).
22 Feb 10:00 AM Descendency Research
24 Feb 1:00 PM Using Photos in Your Family Tree
01 Mar 10:00 AM Beginning English Research
03 Mar 1:00 PM Memories (How to add stories and life sketches to Family Tree)
08 Mar 10:00 AM Writing Personal and Family Histories (Please bring pencil and paper)
10 Mar 1:00 PM Beginning Basics (Where Do I Start?)
15 Mar 10:00 AM How To Organize Your Records
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The center has some books, fiche, and microfilm available on indefinite loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
Hardware and Equipment
- This center has computers, microfilm readers, fiche reader, printers, etc.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for volunteers to work shifts throughout the week. All consultants are asked to volunteer one shift, if possible.
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
- This page was last modified on 6 March 2014, at 18:27.
- This page has been accessed 1,548 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More