Clenchwarton, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Clenchwarton, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Wisbech PLU|
|Parish registers: 1720|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
CLENCHWARTON (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Wisbech, hundred of FreebridgeMarshland, W. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (W.) from Lynn. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Clenchwarton St Margaret is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Wisbech 1837-1938
- Freebridge Lynn 1938
- King's Lynn 1938-1974
Clenchwarton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Clenchwarton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Wisbech and Fenland Museum deposited record from 1720 http://www.wisbechmuseum.org.uk/collections_archives.htm
Parish Baptisms Banns Marriages Burials
Clenchwarton 1720-1978 1754-1905 1720-1962 1720-1877
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
| Baptisms and burials 1600-1608, 1624-1636, 1668-1812 Marriages 1600-1608, 1630, 1678-1812
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526742 Item 10
Clenchwarton Methodist Chapel,
1952-1990: trustees papers rel to new Sunday school and membership schedule returns, etc
Repository Norfolk Record Office
Record Reference FC 54/71, 333, 393
NRA catalogue reference NRA 28947 Kings Lynn Methodist
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438858.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Wisbech/Wisbech.shtml
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Clenchwarton on GenUKI
- Clenchwarton St Margaret on AChurchNearYou
- Photos of church
- For Clenchwarton residents referred to in neighboring parish registers
- Village historic photos
- Methodist church
- Clenchwarton on West Northfolk Methodists
- Clenchwarton on Norfolk Churches
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp.626-632.Date accessed: 19 September 2013. http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50882#s17
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:34.
- This page has been accessed 3,122 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More