Clyst St George, DevonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Clyst St George, Devon ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Clyst St George, Devon|
|Poor Law Union||St Thomas PLU|
|Registration District||St Thomas|
|Parish registers: 1754|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1615|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter|
|Location of Archive|
|Devon Record Office|
CLIST-ST. GEORGE, a parish in St. Thomas district, Devon; on the river Clist, 2 miles E by N of Topsham r. station, and 4 SE of Exeter. Post town, Topsham, under Exeter. The church is partly Norman; consists of nave, chancel, and north aisle, with western tower; has a sedilia, a piscina, and stained glass windows; and was restored in 1860.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Clyst St George, Devon parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FSBOOK = FamilySearch Books - free|
|GOOG = Google Books - free|
|IARC = Internet Archive - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|Clyst St George, Devon Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241304.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Devon Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales published in 1870-72. Date Accessed 25 October 2013.
- ↑ John Lomax Gibbs, ed., Registers of Clyst St. George, co. Devon, 1565-1812 (London: The Parish Register Society, 1899). Digitised by FamilySearch Books - free.
- ↑ John Lomax Gibbs, ed., Registers of Clyst St. George, co. Devon, 1565-1812 (London: The Parish Register Society, 1899). Digitised by Google Books - free.
- ↑ John Lomax Gibbs, ed., Registers of Clyst St. George, co. Devon, 1565-1812 (London: The Parish Register Society, 1899). Digitised by Internet Archive - free.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Devon, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 12 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 26 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 19:28.
- This page has been accessed 2,495 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page