History ColoradoEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The organization maintains 13 historic sites and 10 museum sites. Of greatest interest for Colorado genealogists is the Stephen H. Hart Library and Research Center, which has a newspaper collection, directories, indexes, access to Ancestry and digitized Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News.
Hart Research Center holdings include the following:
*marked items can be found in the online catalog:
- Books on Colorado and Western history, biography and fiction
- Manuscript collections – papers of Colorado individuals, organizations, and businesses
- Newspapers – more than 1700 Colorado newspaper titles, including 150 current titles.
- Serials covering industry, agriculture, archaeology, historic preservation, and social organizations
Photography collections – approximately one million images of Colorado and the West, including the William H. Jackson glass negative collection and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad archives
- Maps of the state, Colorado cities, mines, railroads
- Directories – Colorado State Business, city and telephone directories
Subject collections –printed materials such as clippings and programs arranged in biographical, geographical, and topical files
C.W.A. Materials- reference files and interviews compiled by the Civil Works Administration and the Writer’s Project series
Artifact Collections- furniture, paintings, interior and industrial design, clothing, ethnography, archaeological collections, tools and machines, military items, and more
Research services - for those unable to come to the library in person
Copy service - staff copies material, subject to preservation and copyright review
Photographic and imaging services – our on-site studio provides photographic or scanned images
Address and Phone Number
History Colorado Center
1200 Broadway, 2nd Floor
Denver, CO 80203
Library catalog online: http://www.historycolorado.org/researchers/library-catalog
From the Denver Public Library:
Digital images: http://digital.denverlibrary.org.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:30.
- This page has been accessed 828 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More