Colorado Springs Colorado Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Colorado Springs Family History Center has a rich history of serving the Pikes Peak region for over forty years. Located in the Broadmoor area, the center is open to the entire community throughout Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 150 Pine Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- 1 719-634-0572
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Wednesday: 1:00:pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday:1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Closed Mondays, Saturdays, and Sunday
- Closed on all major holidays
- Closed the last two weeks of December
Calendar and Events
- Tues, Oct 21, 7pm - Bi-weekly Training Class, open to all consultants and interested parties. Topic: Descendancy Research -- Finding our Cousins (contact Karl Young at email@example.com for more information.)
- Tues, Nov 4, 7pm - Bi-weekly Training Class, open to all consultants and interested parties. Topic: Internet Resources (contact Karl Young at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
Staff Training Meetings
- Sat, Nov 8, 10am - 11:30am - Monthly Staff Training meeting
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have a large collection of books, research aids, and microfilm on permanent loan (including the 1850 Census). More information coming up soon.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm Readers (2)
- Microfiche Readers (3)
- Computer Workstations (6)
Staff Research Specialties
This will be updated soon. We are currently updating our staff specialities list.
Resources in the Local Area
- Penrose Library (PPLD) - Regional history and genealogy collections at Pikes Peak Library District are held by Special Collections in the 1905 Carnegie Library
- Pikes Peak Genealogical Society - meets on the second Wednesday of each month in the 1905 Carnegie Reading Room at the Penrose Public Library. Programs are free and open to the public.
- Colorado Council of Genealogical Societies - CCGS addresses the needs and interests of the Colorado genealogical community through cooperation and support of member organizations.
- PPLD Genealogy Resources - http://ppld.org/regional-history-and-genealogy-home
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for friendly people, and particularly those who can work with youth and families. Contact Karl Young at email@example.com for more information.
- This page was last modified on 21 October 2014, at 18:42.
- This page has been accessed 862 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki