Columbiana Alabama Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Columbiana Chapel, 190 Egg and Butter Road, Columbiana, AL 35051
- The entrance is on the left side of the building, the second door. Please ring the bell.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: Don Schlick, Director, 205 981-7325
Lynn Schlick, Assistant Director, 205 821-1344
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Open Hours: Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
July 4, 2013
Thanksgiving: Closed Wednesday and Thursday, Novemeber 27-28, 2013
Christmas: Closed December 23, 2013 to January 2, 2014
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Shelby County Historical Society, Inc., 1854 Old Courthouse, Columbiana, AL (205 669-3912) has many resources for genealogical research. Open Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., closed holidays. On the internet at www.schsociety.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Free Admission.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 6 June 2013, at 01:56.
- This page has been accessed 338 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More