Columbus Georgia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
In the Columbus, Georgia family history center, we focus our efforts on the marvelous work of genealogy. Our facility and consultants are available to help provide you with the tools to complete your family trees. Likewise we are more then willing to help members prepare names for the Temple. We hope that you will come and enjoy the blessings of family history.
Center Contacts and Hours
4400 Reese Road
Columbus GA 31907-7005
Calendar and Events
We may be available for special events, meetings, or other times. Please contact the family history center to schedule these with a consultant or director.
The Family History Center will be Closed the following dates:
11 November 2015
25 November 2015
26 November 2015
22 December 2015
23 December 2015
24 December 2015
Beginning in August the family history center will be hosting a seven week course. The course information is as follows: TEMPLE AND FAMILY HISTORY COURSE
"The Temple and Family History Course is a beginning-level class designed to help Church members start their family history research and perform temple ordinances for their ancestors. The doctrines related to temple and family history work provide the foundation for the lessons. Individuals who are already engaged in temple and family history work can also benefit from the course by learning about additional resources that are available." lds.org
August 05 - The purpose of Temple & Family History Work
August 12 - Getting Started
August 19 - Gathering Information From Home
August 26 - Recording Family History Information
September 02 - Gathering Information From Family
September 9 - Gathering Information From Public Records
September 16- Providing Temple Ordinances
If interested in this course please contact the family history center before the 22nd. This is to ensure we have enough materials for those interested in taking the course.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
In our center we have the following resources to help you reach your goals in genealogy: Film Readers Microfiche Reader Computers Films & Microfiche Films & Microfiche Rental (this is done online and films/fiche come from Salt Lake) Family History Consultants
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 8 September 2015, at 22:54.
- This page has been accessed 1,402 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News