Combe in Teignhead, Devon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Combe in Teignhead, Devon ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Combe in Teignhead, Devon|
|Poor Law Union||Newton Abbot|
|Registration District||Newton Abbot|
|Parish registers: 1653|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Probate Court||Pre-1848 - Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter; Post-1847 - Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Totnes|
|Location of Archive|
|Devon Record Office|
COMBEINTEIGNHEAD, a parish, in the union of Newton-Abbott, hundred of Wonford, Teignbridge and S. divisions of Devon, 3 miles (E.) from NewtonBushell. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Devon Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Combe in Teignhead on GENUKI
- This page was last modified on 30 October 2015, at 00:16.
- This page has been accessed 2,070 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News