Community Meeting Agenda 25 August 2009Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Be bold! Post your agenda items!
Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to cover during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post some details on the discussion page and link to the discussion from the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
Aaaaargh! Technical difficulties!
I'm trying to start the meeting. Adobe Connect is giving me the message "The host has ended the meeting" so I can't get in to start it. I also tried to use an app called Meeting Place (another version of Adobe Connect) but I'm reading signals that all participants have to have LDS accounts to attend. I'm working on it....
Infobox and localities templates
Consensus is requested for Infobox and Localities Templates. I am aware of comments made last week being very favorable. Dsammy 19:21, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
- Localities Template is labor intensive. Will take months if not years to do just USA. Infobox is somethin jparker had been trying for some time and I got it to work in cooperation with another guy who is a MediaWiki-geek. Dsammy 19:21, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
Software enabling community meeting during staff absence
We'd like to make it so community meeting can still occur when headquarters staff are unavailable. To enable non-employees to conduct community meeting, we're looking at DimDim. One risk: DimDim has a limitation of allowing only 20 participants in order to be free. Not that money's a big deal: We can afford a reasonably-priced tool, but then isn't that what we did when we bought Adobe Connect? So why not just change the business rules around our corporate Adobe Connect account and enable non-employees to conduct meetings? Ritcheymt 19:43, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
- Sounds like a good idea. So, are we having a meeting today or not? The two minute warning has sounded and I still get the "The host has ended this meeting" message. Thomas Lerman 20:00, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
Thomas, still haven't heard. Stand by.Jbparker 20:02, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
Hmmm... Eirebrain 20:06, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
Michael is aware. He's having trouble with Adobe Connect on his end and is trying to resolve the problem. Stand by for a few more minutes if you can.Jbparker 20:08, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
dsammy here- getting same message .... Dsammy 20:18, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
They're still working on it, but nothing new to report. Jbparker 20:22, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
Log our of this agenda and out of Adobe Connect. The click on the video link on the Community Meeting Page and it should work. Refresh page, too.Jbparker 20:31, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 22 April 2010, at 10:03.
- This page has been accessed 746 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki