Community Meeting Agenda 30 June 2009Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Be bold! Post your agenda items!
Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to cover during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post some details on the discussion page and link to the discussion from the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
- Standards and single pages for each place.
Let's begin using and commenting on the Standards Finder. When creating a new page, how is it linked to the standards place template/page? Kip 21:28, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- I won't accept that one. Too many absurd place name spellings and non-standard place names. Some of the place names are unbelievable. I have been to that site several times and I don't accept these names because the names were created by submitters to the IGI. Duh! Not only that I received quite a number of comments off site about the absurdity of that place in last of 2 years. dsammy 20:03, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- I can see several points to the question stated by Kip.
- The Standard Finder is not complete. It is still in test mode and they are happy to receive feedback. Several questions arose about this in the meeting that none of us can answer. It would be great if it had references to where the information came from and more information on what some of the data means. The important thing here is feedback to them.
- I can see that links from the Standard Finder to the Wiki would be great. I really do not know how often the Standard Finder is used, but that could potentially give a boost to the Wiki . . . Click here for more information on how to research in this locality. I do not see at this time how a link from the Wiki back to the Standard Finder would be that helpful. Maybe someone else has an idea.
- I know many people would really like to see locality names, the navigation, look & feel, etc. to be the same across all of the products. I would have to agree especially for those that are not that familiar with computer usage. Ideally, if someone learned how to navigate in one product, they can go to another product and find, "oh, this looks like the other product, so it is easy to use." The products that I am thinking of that are quite different are: Standard Finder, Forums, Wiki, FamilySearch Catalog, and new FamilySearch (to a lessor extent because I believe it uses Standard Finder data). It would be great if they were all tied together, for example, using the Standard Finder data. This also relates to the proposed look and feel of FamilySearch including the Wiki.
- Thomas Lerman 21:18, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Any comments on the WorldCat template? This is the first step in looking at a template for the FamilySearch Catalog. Thomas Lerman 05:21, 30 June 2009 (UTC) Please add comments on the FamilySearch Catalog WorldCat discussion. Thomas Lerman 21:07, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Everyone needs to go look at the new proposed look and feel for the Wiki at http://labs.familysearch.org/blog/?p=111 and enter their comments in the blog. These test pages are the proposed new look and feel for the wiki. Please look at them and make your comments. No comment means I don't care.
Carryover from Last Week
- This page was last modified on 25 July 2014, at 18:21.
- This page has been accessed 989 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki