Community Wiki Support Meeting 10 January 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:00 am. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
- Pages with HelpMe template
- Information on Family History center pages - Janell
- FHC pages will be part of familysearch.org (English to begin with) in a few months
- These will take the place of the Wiki pages
- Creation of pages was inspired. The work put into these pages were not done in vain.
- The FHC's have been introduced to the Wiki, with their consultants and trainers
- Wiki Trainers are there to help people use the Wiki and teach it to patrons for researching
- Goals accomplished for 2011
- Goals for 2012 for the Support team (discussed 3 January 2012)
- Moderators and Adopters - decision on role and responsibilities
- Patrolling - bring in other people who have worked in the Wiki
- Reach out to the community in how to use the Wiki
- Make it more user friendly
- More content for beginners
- Come to this meeting with suggestions for goals for the Support Team for 2012
- Public Relations campaign to make people more aware of the Wiki and can find it
- Pass along cards - available on intranet
- Marketing the Wiki - we need ideas (tv spotlights?)
- Genealogy programs on BYU TV - how could we get them to mention the Wiki?
- Use Chat to teach - report how people are searching - use their experiences to improve how searches are done, etc.
- This page was last modified on 16 January 2012, at 19:05.
- This page has been accessed 647 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News