Community Wiki Support Meeting 10 January 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:00 am. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
- Pages with HelpMe template
- Information on Family History center pages - Janell
- FHC pages will be part of familysearch.org (English to begin with) in a few months
- These will take the place of the Wiki pages
- Creation of pages was inspired. The work put into these pages were not done in vain.
- The FHC's have been introduced to the Wiki, with their consultants and trainers
- Wiki Trainers are there to help people use the Wiki and teach it to patrons for researching
- Goals accomplished for 2011
- Goals for 2012 for the Support team (discussed 3 January 2012)
- Moderators and Adopters - decision on role and responsibilities
- Patrolling - bring in other people who have worked in the Wiki
- Reach out to the community in how to use the Wiki
- Make it more user friendly
- More content for beginners
- Come to this meeting with suggestions for goals for the Support Team for 2012
- Public Relations campaign to make people more aware of the Wiki and can find it
- Pass along cards - available on intranet
- Marketing the Wiki - we need ideas (tv spotlights?)
- Genealogy programs on BYU TV - how could we get them to mention the Wiki?
- Use Chat to teach - report how people are searching - use their experiences to improve how searches are done, etc.
- This page was last modified on 16 January 2012, at 19:05.
- This page has been accessed 484 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page