Community Wiki Support Meeting 12 December 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WebEx ID: 997 636 893; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; ''9:00' am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to ...
.Lee & Giuseppe for getting SalesForce going.
Priority items for this meeting:
Updates and follow up
- Needed training: Namespaces, input about what training is wanted
- WebEx Training links:
- WebEx Training links:
- Training/new missionaries & Volunteers
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Tech updates- Lee
- WikiText training - Charles
For all who are interested in Wikitext training, we will start classes on Monday Dec 23 at 11am MT in WebEx. Meeting number 993-479-315.
Try to get a book on html5 and look it over. It is not as intimidating as it may look. He will answer any questions on it and wikitext as well as the training continues.
- Robin - Roots Tech Feb 6-8, 2013 - Listen online to some sessions. Get the app!
Roots Tech main page - for registration/ information
New missionaries coming in next week, Barbara (AZ) and Diana. There is a possibility that Ruth Heeder will be transferring from phones to the Wiki as well. She will only need Wiki training. (Sandra to start a new class, thanks Sandra).
- Sandra Pond: Please leave all the New Pages for the New Missionaries through next week. And please leave 40 + on the Recent Changes through next week also
Patrolling and Amdocs Review
- Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
Too many changes are being submitted without summaries. Is it possible to put into the template at the bottom of the page (near the blue lettering "Please note" a reference to why we need a Summary, OR... would it be better to set the preferences for any user to the field requiring a Summary. Those of us familiar with Wiki editing can change our preference as desired. Robin will go over this with Lee.
- See what is being touched.
- Catch potenial attacks
- What did you learn this week that you want to share?
Charles working with Google Site. example
Google Site - https://sites.google.com/site/zimbabwefamilysearchwiki/home Requests feedback as he continues.
- What do you need help with?
Linda - now that Salesforce is up and running... Should Submit Wiki Content responses be funneled through Salesforce in lieu of the familysearch.org email. (Yes, per Giuseppe).
- Do you have questions or suggestions regarding others are working on?
- Moderator Support report - Cleaning up moderator list and finding current moderators. (Myra)
For next week:
Please look over moderators in your area and select ones that are active. Give usernames to Myra.
She is creating a thank you template that we want to post on their user pages.
- New Contributor Support report:
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project|
|Blake||Volunteers, Overviews, Graphics|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, FHC Pages||Thurston County - FamilySearch Catalog, York County|
|LaVera||Welcoming Committe new people, Categories||Help pages project-slow but steady.|
|Lee||Developing Training - Non-English, Tech||Non-English, Tech Training, SF Development|
|Linda||New volunteers/Content Submits|
|Robin|| Volunteers, Moderators, Training Lessons for New Volunteers
||South Carolina Moderator, contributing to African American Research and Columbia, South Carolina|
Supervisor Training or Updates
- Missionary Yearbook. Need a passport type photo of all staff members and missionaries in your teams, with their name, country and city.
It would also be nice to include some uplifting FamilySearch Support related experiences that anyone may like to share.
Please SEND TO firstname.lastname@example.org SHE NEEDS IT BEFORE this SUNDAY
Improve the Wiki
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 17:15.
- This page has been accessed 303 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More