Community Wiki Support Meeting 19 June 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:00 am. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Janell - for her knowledge in the Wiki and FamilySearch, in general. She helped a lot with the Roseburg, Oregon Family History Center yesterday.
- Rorie - for work on "To be Determined" category
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
Most maintenance is going well. We still have some unresolved issues.
Double re-directs have been taken care of by engineering
- Janell has a meeting at 9:00 on Tuesday with engineering. Tech meeting needs to be changed also. Could we move all of our Tuesday meetings to Thursday? It would work for the team, but not James Tanner. We will discuss the change in the 1:00 meeting.
- Leadership is interested in better ways of communicating to the Wiki community. We need to work on a strategy for better communication with our contributors. What do we communicate to them - how, and when.
Improve the Wiki
High priority items that could be viewed as projects:
- Contributor Support/Outreach - Establish Proactive Support Protocols (Entire team)
- Reach out to Moderators & Adopters to establish relationships - Rorie & Jane
- Wiki Trainers & Family History Centers - Jane, Dennis, Ken. Blake & Rick
- Maintenance Work - Entire team
- Patrolling (All)
- Talk Pages (All)
- Help me requests (Lynda)
- Delete ASAP (Lynda)
- Copyright issues (Lynda)
- Teaching and Training - Jane, Ken, Dennis, Rorie
- Reporting Suite - Janell, Nathan, Lynda, Lee
- Researcher Support - Blair Keddington, Engineering, User Design
- Rework of Home Page (Volunteer Team)
- International Wiki's - Charles is translating articles for several countries now.
- This page was last modified on 19 June 2012, at 16:07.
- This page has been accessed 581 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More